Punters Clubs for Sporting Clubs
Ever since Moses first laced on his boots, footy clubs have using punters clubs to save money for the footy trip, but the administration involved in chasing blokes for money and recording who bet on what, when, makes a manual club pretty painful to run. Most other methods of raising money are also a ball-ache. Blokes say they’re in, then drop out, or simply can’t stump up the cash when the time comes. Punt Club can help change all that - for free - with SFA effort on your part.
Punting and saving at the same time?
People are quick to scoff at the idea that you can save money having a punt. We don’t profess for a second that punting is an investment strategy, but it’s a simple fact that the average footy club with 20 blokes chucking in just $20 a week and having a laugh on the punt for a year, will have over $15,000 in their kitty when the end of season trip rolls around. How? 20 blokes x $20 x 50 weeks = $20,000. The average bookie margin over time is less than 10%, so even if your club has some complete muppets on the punt and you allow for double those losses, there will still be $16,000 left to turn Mad Monday into Mad Week Away.
How Does It Work?
Punt Club was setup to let more people experience the joy of betting with their mates towards a common goal, but without the admin nightmare that goes with it. Our platform
- collects the money automatically
- supports the typical bet-some-bank-some approach of most clubs
- reminds you when it’s your turn to bet
- handles the betting itself
- tells all members what you’re backing and whether it won
- tracks performance of club members on a leaderboard
- facilitates and encourages banter amongst the group
- helps the captain get approvals on withdrawals or purchases
- manages the divvy up of cash at the end of your season
Sign me up, Scotty.
Getting amongst it is as easy as opening your web browser – just visit https://puntclub.com/p2/signup/start to create a club. This might just be the start of something beautiful.